The making of a family company into the brand of Schlittler
The company Schlittler and Co Ltd. was founded in 1923 as a family business in Seewen. The production of steel filings and steel wool was a core competence at the beginning; later on copper cloths and ornamental ribbons were added. The first baskets were imported in 1956. From 1983 onward the assortment of Schlittler contained more than 800 products. The company moved to the actual location in 1991. The larger showroom made it possible to present the fast growing assortment in a perfect way.
As a medium-sized production and wholesale company in the heart of central Switzerland, Schlittler and Co. Ltd is one of the trendsetters and the market leading supplier of lifestyle consumer goods and floristic requirements.
The company has been certified ISO 9001 since 1996. Since 2012 Schlittler is also certified FSC® STD-40-004 (V2-1) and committed to act with wooden products from responsible forestry.